Sunday, January 1, 2012

Start at the beginning...

    Here is post 1 in a new blog series from acclaimed nobody Joey Maxey. If you are reading this then congratulations, you are on the ground floor of an exciting new adventure. I want to welcome all readers to this experiment in self exploration. A day by day decent into the madness of a mind filled with and loving pop culture as well as spending years of being a member of the silent majority in the ever flaring war or conservatives and liberals, blue collars and big business, the haves and the wheres mines.  I personally have worked for the largest private employer in the world for over 15 years, as well as dabbled in private enterprises over the years. I've bathed in the waters of the forgiven, and disbelieved the purpose of such ritual. I've agonized in watching loved ones pass away and I've delighted in watching new ones grow.
     I have a vision for this page, a heading so to speak of of what you will find here, but first let me tell you what you wont find. First you will not find an arbitrary list of movies, books, TV shows, bands, etc that I like. Yes you will hear about those things from me here but I will pain stakingly be deconstructing such topics individually like any good self respecting/loathing nerd like myself would do. One day you may get a huge multi page article about why I hated the endings of Quantum Leap and Star Trek: Enterprise (spoiler alert- its doesn't involve Scott Bakula) the next post you may get some screen shots of some new action figures or toys coming out soon (LEGO LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!). I love these sort of things and am exciting sharing my enthusiam for that.
     Secondly, it is my goal to be informed about what I may or may not take a stance on. Yes I may devote a page to the show Hey Dude, and yes that post will most likely be longer then say a post about religion or politics but really in all honesty, most peoples day to day lives are influenced by what they are personally into, not what they see on tv. Lately the sharing of a fake facebook post about a beat dog or sick kid who needs x amount of likes is the closest any one really gets to taking a stance on any one subject. A goal of mine in this series is that once a stance of mine is made you can be sure of two things, 1: I took some time to learn about whatever topic I posted, 2: I am in no way locked into my original stance or opinion. I am not without reason and can be proven wrong. I don't claim to be right in anything. I am tired of people just shouting at each other. There is a lack of discourse in the world and I welcome a conversation. No one is below talking to, there opinion is there point of view. I wanna hear what they, or you, have to say.
  Sorry, I veered off there for a moment.  Back to the original topic...
This blog series will be a hodge-podge, and menagerie, and cornucopia if you will, of different topics and observations. A recent concert, a local restaurant, a nostalgic waxing, rough cuts of comedy pieces, any thing is fair game and I will always be looking for more topics. This is were you the reader and follower come in. I welcome comments, questions, and concerns.  You can reach me here and you can reach me at my facebook JoeyMaxey@facebook.com as well as the soon to be coming email site.
  There is an old quote that is a favorite of mine the will be the underlining mission of this series: 
Welcome Lovers, Dreamers, and You"    - Kermit the Frog

2 comments: